The Place To Eat Downtown
It was Ralph Chafin that began the restaurant in 1920 that is known to tens of 1000’s as “Chaf-In.” Originally located on the west side of the Johnson County Courthouse in the area that today is home to the Law of Offices of MacLean & Boulware. Brothers Bob and Ralph Chafin ran competing sandwiches shops when they began their adventures in 1920 only blocks apart and both on Main Street in Cleburne. Ralph spent 26 years on Main Street prospering and feeding the people of Cleburne and Johnson County. In 1946 Ralph decided he needed to expand his sandwich shop. He purchased a small lot on the corner of Hillsboro Street and West Henderson and a 24’ x 40’ building was erected.
Read Our History...